The 2023 US Information Maternity Providers Survey will likely be out there to all hospitals providing obstetrical care on June 7, 2023. Hospitals can submit information till August 9, 2023.
Hospitals that full the survey by the deadline will likely be eligible for potential recognition among the many 2023-2024 Greatest Hospitals for Maternity Care, which will likely be printed on December 5, 2023. Final yr, 41% of hospitals that submitted information earned recognition amongst US Information’ Greatest Hospitals for Maternity Care. All collaborating hospitals will profit from elevated visibility of their obstetrical providers to the hundreds of thousands of sufferers and households who use usnews.com to announce their seek for a supplier.
As well as, finishing the survey will earn hospitals a transparency credit score price 3% of the entire rating within the 2024-2025 Greatest Hospitals for Obstetrics & Gynecology rankings, which will likely be printed in mid-2024. Collaborating hospitals within the survey of maternity providers final yr will obtain full transparency credit score within the 2023-2024 Greatest Hospitals for Obstetrics & Gynecology rankings.
This yr’s survey is broadly much like final yr’s survey, though there are some modifications, described under:
- In 2022, hospitals could have the choice to submit partial-year information from 2020 if Covid-19 has affected their providers or information assortment. This yr, the survey would require availability of service and efficiency information from the whole 2021 calendar yr.
- This yr, we are going to gather early elective supply information from all collaborating hospitals.
- We added two questions on postpartum providers and about fetal deaths. Not one of the new questions will likely be included within the 2023-2024 Greatest Hospitals for Maternity Care rankings. Info on postpartum providers may be discovered in your hospital’s profile web page on usnews.com to supply info to shoppers about sources out there to sufferers.
- US Information will proceed to gather race and ethnicity stratified information for C-section charges, unique breast milk feeding charges, and sudden problems. Knowledge on race and ethnicity collected on this yr’s maternity survey won’t be made public on the hospital stage. Hospitals should present these information to obtain full credit score on the racial/ethnic disparities transparency measure within the 2023-2024 Greatest Hospitals for Maternity Care rankings.
- We clarified the survey directions, query wording, and response choices primarily based on suggestions we obtained from hospitals final yr.
To entry, full, and submit the survey, a hospital consultant will need to have “Editor” standing on the US Information Greatest Hospitals Dashboard. To enroll or log in to the Dashboard, go to https://hospitaldashboard.usnews.com. If in case you have an account and need to request “Editor” standing, log in to the US Information Hospital Dashboard, choose ‘My Hospital’, scroll right down to the ‘My Hospital’s Workforce Permissions’ part, and -click on ‘Request Editor Permissions’.
Alternatively, every hospital Editor can add new staff editors or improve current members to Editor standing from the ‘My Hospital Workforce Permissions’ part. Hospital representatives will be capable to entry and edit their responses once more till August 9, 2023, even when they submit earlier than the deadline.