– Top legal scholars argue that Donald Trump is constitutionally barred from running for president again.
– They cite Section Three of the 14th Amendment, which disqualifies anyone who has engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the US government.
– They argue that Trump's actions in the lead-up to and on January 6, 2021, constitute insurrection.
– The Supreme Court has never ruled on whether the 14th Amendment's disqualification clause applies to a former president.
– The question of whether Trump is ineligible to run for president again will likely be decided by the courts.